All CoAct partners have agreed to respect and promote the following Ethical Values:
- Inclusiveness is crucial in CoAct as it wants to enhance the participation of vulnerable and usually under-represented collectives in a research process.
- Horizontality is carefully considered in all the research co-design balancing power and sharing responsibility with all participants.
- Equity is another important value since efforts and resources are planned to be equitably distributed among participants and all these efforts are planned to be carefully acknowledged.
- Trust and Respect are fundamental values that are strongly promoted along with the project. All participants must freely express themselves in an informal and non-judgemental atmosphere.
- Open Science principles are keys in the knowledge production of the project. All materials, datasets and results are planned to be openly accessible under CC licenses.
- Co-ownership is planned to be considered in all different outputs of the project and based on the efforts of all engaged participants. They are going to be considered co-owners of materials and results collectively generated and invited to contribute as co-authors of the resulting (scientific) publications.
- Empowerment is an important approach that runs throughout all phases of the research projects. By means of the R&I Actions, participants should develop more power to act and explore options for action for the respective concern.
- Reflexivity accompanies us throughout the entire research process. Our own actions and attitudes should be regularly questioned regarding hierarchies, reproduction of discriminatory behaviour and inclusiveness.